Call our IT experts today on 01254 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lancs BB1 4LA
With most of us working from home and with a much bigger demand than normal being placed on our broadband connections, here are a few simple ways to try and speed your connection up:
– Move your home router away from other devices e.g. TVs, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cordless phones, and consider placing the router on a table or raised position rather than on the floor.
– Try to stagger the number of family members using the internet at one time.
– Don’t use your microwave while online as this can interfere with your Wi-Fi signal.
– Consider using a homemade DIY ‘parabolic’ antenna e.g. shielding the back of the router in a beer can that’s had the top and bottom cut off, been flattened, and stood up in curved shape. Please note: be incredibly careful to avoid injury if attempting to make this.
– Get a signal booster.
– Set your router to reboot regularly to keep your Wi-Fi speed high.